24th May 2023
Instructions for the EFA Website (creating your posts and such)
EUROPEAN FOCUSING ASSOCIATION (EFA) WEBSSITE
- Becoming a member
- Adding content
- Signing up for the newsletter
- Signing up for the discussion list
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER OF EFA
- Sign up for membership https://efa-focusing.eu/community/become-a-efa-member
- Wait for membership confirmation by email. This may take a few days, it is manual!
HOW TO SET UP YOUR PROFILE
- Once you have been approved as a member, set up your account and create your profile https://efa-focusing.eu/register
- You are now able to add content: articles, research studies, video links, your workshops/events… you need to have the copyright for text, images, and videos
- For detailed instructions how to add content on the website, read on.
HOW TO EDIT YOUR WEBSITE PROFILE & ADD CONTENT
To make changes to your profile, please log-in to your account by clicking “Log in” on the upper right blue area or by clicking menu > login, or click here: https://efa-focusing.eu/login
You will land on the “My Account” page. Click any of the links to add/change or delete your content. After you have made changes to your content, apply changes by scrolling to the bottom of the page and click on “save” or “publish”.
HOW TO GET BACK TO THE “MY ACCOUNT” PAGE
Scroll all the way up on any page and click on the “Welcome back <your first name> ” link in the blue colored area on the top right. This will take you to the ” My Account” page https://efa-focusing.eu/my-account. Edit your content as mentioned above.
DETAILS ABOUT EDITING YOUR CONTENT AND SETTINGS
Please use texts and images on the EFA website that are available for public use e.g. those licensed under Creative Commons, or royalty free images from websites like https://www.pexels.com/. You can also use images you have taken yourself or ask someone the use of their own photos for this purpose. All people who show on your photos need to have agreed to you in writing, that you are allowed to use the photo in public (for promotional purposes).
EFA members directory listings:
When website users look at the EFA members directory without ticking any extra search options, all EFA members appear in the directory who have answered “yes” to the option “Make my profile publicly visible” in their profile. You can say separately yes or no to include your phone or email in your public profile.
Members who said no to this option will not appear for website visitors, however, logged-in, EFA members can still look at the profile of all members.
Currently, the directory listing is in a randomized order (every day a new random order is generated by the website) and can be also reordered by website users alphabetically or with any of the filters on the left-hand side. Your profile will show up in all the search options, which you ticked in your profile.
Your location anywhere in the world can be chosen on a map
by typing in a town, postcode or address at the top of the map on your profile page. Once
you have done this, the map in your public profile will show a red marker at your chosen location. Website visitors will be able to sort the listing by distance from a town or postcode that you specify. (This search is not always fully functional yet, we will check if improvements are possible.) Soon visitors will be able to see all members on a map.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE DISCUSSION LIST
- Sign up for the discussion list: https://efa-focusing.eu/news/discussion-list
- You will receive an email within seconds and need to click the link in the confirmation email to complete the process
- You can then send an email via email@example.com to all those who have also signed up for the discussion list.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER
You will receive an email within seconds and need to click the link in that email to complete the process (check your spam folder).
Instruction created in May of 2023